Wednesday, October 20, 2010

We are helpers!

At Heiskell, this is one of the very first verses that the children in our Builder's program memorize. Every grade level is responsible for memorizing Bible verses and learning about character traits each month. This month in pre-kindergarten, we are learning about being helpful and dependable. Today, before the children were able to line up for recess, they had to share an example of how they can be helpful at home. No one could say the same answer, either. Parents, I think you are going to like their responses:
  • I can help feed the kitty cat.
  • I can help sweep the porch.
  • I can help wash the dishes.
  • I can help wash the tables.
  • I can help with the garbage.
  • I can help clean my room.
  • I can help change the sheets.
  • I can help make my bed.
  • I can help feed my dog.
  • I can help vacuum.
  • I can help wash the car.
  • I can help fold the laundry.
  • I can help load the dishwasher.
  • I can help clean up my toys.
  • I can help water the plants.
  • I can help feed my fish.
  • I can help sweep the floor.
Not that we lord it over your faith, but are workers with you for your joy; for in your faith you are standing firm.
2 Corinthians 1:24

No comments:

Post a Comment